Ok, we’ve got the NBA playoffs, Mothers Day, and the latest of Trump’s titillating tidbits in our news this week. Hence, three seasonable prompts for your musing are listed below.
As always, post your writing as a Reply in the Comments box below if you’d like to share it with the world and get feedback on it, feedback of a most complimentary quality, of course.
1. Is winning really the only thing, per the infamous quote: “Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing,” often attributed to Vince Lombardi, but supposedly by college football coach Red Saunders, though Lombardi did say it as well.
2. The most maternal person you’ve ever known.
3. How do you get your Trump news? When and Why?
1. Write about yourself as a good player on an invented or real team sport.
2. True or false? It’s not whether you win or lose, it’s how you play the game.
3. Falling in love in the spring time is …
As always, feel free […]
Today’s Trinity Writers prompts are short and invite you into a 20 or 25-minute freewrite.
Share here with Leave a Reply Comment below if you’d like feedback. Next week, we’ll turn to writing fiction in 4 colors to prepare for the UOP Creative Writing Conference coming up in June.
Ready to write today? I need some prompts, too, for chapter 14, House of Hoops. Here are a few to bounce off, if laying down one word after another appeals today.
1. What’s worth preserving in your neighborhood?
2. If you had to find an article published in 1995, where would you look first? […]
No fanfare today, just some prompts to bounce off of:
What are you most fanatic about? fan attic?
Bring on the rain…
Young Americans–energy for the future?
As always, post Comment here if you’d like my feedback. See you at Trinity or here or maybe on Facebook if you’ve kept […]
On Good Friday afternoon at 5:00 pm, Kings players Vince Carter and Garrett Temple and retired guard Doug Christie are scheduled to appear at an event titled “Kings and Queens Rise: A Youth Voice Forum for Healing” at 5 p.m. Friday at South Sacramento Christian Church.
Sacramento Area Youth Speaks will then lead […]
Trinity Writing Group
March 22, 2018
You’re invited to keep out of the NorCal rain and write along with us. Any of these three prompts suit your fancy?
Best ways to “keep your powder dry.”
A date you’ll never forget.
Is it more risky to be a borrower or a lender?
1. Do you beware the “Ides of March” or not?
2. Considering George Elliot’s Middlemarch: A Study of Provincial Life, what does “provincial” mean in its narrow-minded sense regarding the nature of marriage, idealism, or education?
Join the Trinity Writers as we bounce […]
In this month focused on St. Patrick, many lively thoughts come to mind. Here are three to bounce off of, as suits your fancy:
1. What has brought you good luck?
2. Describe someone you know you will love forever and how you know that.
3. When did […]
For Trinity Cathedral Writing Group and any others who would like to write along with us.
1. What does “keeping kosher” mean? What dietary restrictions do you place on yourself? When and how?
2. Discuss the “reality” that TV is showing us.
3. If offered a “brain pill,” would you take it?
Directions: Write […]
Subscribe to June’s Updates