First draft of today’s poem:
First thing in the morning
Enter passcode to
update later tonight
the forced choice from my iPhone
stands at the top of the screen
blocking me until I decide
why this madness to update
all the time? what’s wrong
with letting it be?
like in the old days
when a man came home
from work at 5 o’clock
satisfied after the day’s
labor, why this mad rush
to improve, this grind for
what’s wrong with leaving
it just the way it is? I like
it just the way it is, I don’t
want to have to climb the
learning ladder so often,
the new operating system
ladder, leaning against
the cliff of time, each ladder
stacked above the one we’re
on, a living tower of glass
that wants to reach to heaven,
where the hell are they trying
to take us?
May 13, 2018
Fingers itching to write? Need an entry line?
1. When my parents met . . .
2. Summertime, when the living is . . .
3. I used to … , but now I . . .
Take a half hour and let it rip. See what you get.
Ok, we’ve got the NBA playoffs, Mothers Day, and the latest of Trump’s titillating tidbits in our news this week. Hence, three seasonable prompts for your musing are listed below.
As always, post your writing as a Reply in the Comments box below if you’d like to share it with the world and get […]
1. Write about yourself as a good player on an invented or real team sport.
2. True or false? It’s not whether you win or lose, it’s how you play the game.
3. Falling in love in the spring time is …
As always, feel free […]
Today’s Trinity Writers prompts are short and invite you into a 20 or 25-minute freewrite.
Share here with Leave a Reply Comment below if you’d like feedback. Next week, we’ll turn to writing fiction in 4 colors to prepare for the UOP Creative Writing Conference coming up in June.
Ready to write today? I need some prompts, too, for chapter 14, House of Hoops. Here are a few to bounce off, if laying down one word after another appeals today.
1. What’s worth preserving in your neighborhood?
2. If you had to find an article published in 1995, where would you look first? […]
No fanfare today, just some prompts to bounce off of:
What are you most fanatic about? fan attic?
Bring on the rain…
Young Americans–energy for the future?
As always, post Comment here if you’d like my feedback. See you at Trinity or here or maybe on Facebook if you’ve kept […]
On Good Friday afternoon at 5:00 pm, Kings players Vince Carter and Garrett Temple and retired guard Doug Christie are scheduled to appear at an event titled “Kings and Queens Rise: A Youth Voice Forum for Healing” at 5 p.m. Friday at South Sacramento Christian Church.
Sacramento Area Youth Speaks will then lead […]
Trinity Writing Group
March 22, 2018
You’re invited to keep out of the NorCal rain and write along with us. Any of these three prompts suit your fancy?
Best ways to “keep your powder dry.”
A date you’ll never forget.
Is it more risky to be a borrower or a lender?
1. Do you beware the “Ides of March” or not?
2. Considering George Elliot’s Middlemarch: A Study of Provincial Life, what does “provincial” mean in its narrow-minded sense regarding the nature of marriage, idealism, or education?
Join the Trinity Writers as we bounce […]
Subscribe to June’s Updates