Welcome to the Trinity Writing Group, based on the AWA method and following their practices, listed below, to establish a safe environment where everyone is free to explore within their own writing and listen to each other with respect.
1. Everyone’s writing, including the leader’s, is treated with equal respect and value.
2. Writing is kept confidential and treated as fiction.
3. Writers can refrain from reading their work aloud.
4. Responses to just-written work reflect what is strong and successful.
5. Responses and exercises support the development of literary craft.
Here are some starters to bounce off of today if you can’t make it to the meeting:
1. Experiments can be of the devastating or the fruitful kind, but rarely of both.
2. “Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August.” —Jenny Han, The Summer I Turned Pretty
3. The last time I . . .
Got hot, itchy fingers? Set them to work on one or more of these prompts, or anything on your mind, and if you like what you get in 30 minutes of freewriting, post it here as a Comment/Reply.
Subscribe to June’s Updates